Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Gifts for Freedom

    Sadly Black Friday sales are over BUT there are wonderful organizations online that you can purchase the rest of your gifts from! I was told to check out Purpose Jewelry and they did not disappoint  (also they are very reasonably priced). The best part about their brand is that each piece is handcrafted by survivors of modern-day slavery. Every single penny that they profit goes to International Sanctuary, a non profit that provides holistic care for young women rescued from sex trafficking. These girls are providing a source of training and income through Purpose Jewelry in order to sustain themselves. In other words, when you simply purchase a gift for a friend this Christmas (or really anytime!) you are providing income to these girls as well as donating to build more sanctuaries that will house and train them. Definitely check out both organizations- really they are doing great things to rescue those who do not experience the freedom that you and I do.
    When I think about the children that have only known a life of bondage I feel guilty for what I ask for and think that I "need." I wake up each day already thinking of what I want to do and forget how I take so much of what I have for granted. I have a wonderful family who loves me and friends who encourage me and I can't image living each day without even one of those. Knowing their are children who are sold by their own parents disgusts me but also pushes me to realize I can do something to help them. I can't solve these issues alone, but there is a God who sees the broken world we live in and cares for each of us in a deeper way than we can begin to comprehend.
    I want these children to have a chance to live the life of their choice, not someone else's. I hope you will consider purchasing even one of your gifts this year from an organization that supports fair trade and providing these great opportunities.

90 dollars is the average world cost for a trafficker to purchase a young girl to own as a slave. You can only imagine the abuse that comes after that transaction. If that doesn't break your heart then I don't know what will. The more that we support these organizations, the more girls they are able to reach and rescue.


"Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off." -Proverbs 23:18
Blessings,
Audrey

2 comments:

  1. I love this post-the work International Sanctuary does is incredible! I admire all you're doing, Audrey!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you for sharing with me about them and your heart for what they do!

      Delete