Monday, November 23, 2015

A Source of Water

     So I want to tell you about an organization that I am really really really excited about (and when I say excited that is a complete understatement). A few months ago, I was praying that God would show me where I can get involved with the passion that I have for providing safe water. I remembered a friend mentioning Water of Life and that they spread the gospel along with safe water resources- so I looked up their website. On their calendar, they were scheduled for that very day to come to my school for Global Missions Week, and I thought. 'Wow, okay I see you God,' and of course I checked them out! After speaking with Scott Stephens (the director of development), I started praying for their ministry. The very next day in one of my classes, Connor Hipps (the office administrator) shared with us about Water of Life and I can't explain to you the excitement I felt listening to his heart for their mission. THEN, a few days later I showed up at a volunteer opportunity for Set Free Alliance (which I shared about in a previous blog) and they mentioned their partnership with Water of Life.
    I want to tell you before all of this happened I was going through a time of waiting-on God's terms. I was searching and searching on my own for somewhere to get involved. Then out of no where He brought Water of Life to my knowledge and I was reminded that the time of waiting I went through was not a time of waiting for the Lord. He had a plan in the making. I am telling you, this organization is doing wonderful things and I really hope you will choose to help them out.
    To share with you a little bit about them, Water of Life partners with pastors in India, Sierra Leone, and Liberia to provide safe water as well as the gospel. The founder, Roland Bergeron, says, "We're not just a humanitarian organization.  We're an evangelical organization that just happens to do water ministry." This shows the heart that these people have for spreading the good news to communities that have not had access to it themselves.
    I can't tell you enough how much I support this organization and what they are doing for the kingdom of God. I hope you will read more about them on their website and also start praying for them!


"The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price." -Revelations 22:17
Blessings,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment