Monday, November 16, 2015

Living Water

      Hello there! My name is Audrey and I have felt a huge burden on my heart within the past week to start this blog and share what I am learning. If you have found yourself here, then you have most likely seen me post awareness on social media somewhere for a ministry. A few organizations fighting for freedom have become a passion in my life and I want to start sharing them with you. I serve a God that is bigger than all of these heartbreaking issues that we are facing today; whether it be human trafficking, lack of clean water, and so on...
     So now I will explain what Sonrisa for Water means! Sonrisa is the spanish word for "smile" and it also resembles the english word "sunrise." The fact that it contains "son-" reminds me of Jesus, God's son. Now, smile for water? Ever since my senior year of high school I have wanted to help provide safe water to those who have no access to it themselves. I had never realized that so many aspects of peoples' lives are changed by clean water alone. The health and economy of a community can be improved drastically with safe water. Then, through my first year in college, my faith became my life. God put me through trials where I needed him more than ever and I had finally learned what it meant to make Him my first love. Not my second or third. But FIRST and foremost. I am so undeserving of my Father's love but he wants me, saves me, and fights for my attention everyday. Even on the days that I don't look for him (because, I will be honest there are days that I am silly and tell myself I will do my quiet time later...but it gets away from me). So, water on this earth is not the only kind of water I want to bring to those in need, but also living water. The gospel and Jesus Christ, above everything else, is the one thing that can truly save a person's life. Knowing our Savior won't just change our lives here on earth, but our destination for eternity. What good does safe water, food, shelter, and warm clothes do to prolong life if our eternal destination is not with God?
     With this blog, I want to raise awareness for organizations that YOU can get involved with! After you read these posts it is all up to you. I hope this blog educates you and creates in you a passion to serve others and share the good news.

Blessings,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment